Plan Your Trip to Bonanza Creek Country
You’ll want to pack clothes that are easily layered as weather can be unpredictable and temperatures can go from cool to quite warm in a single day.
…Boots with a heel are a must to prevent your foot from slipping through your stirrups.
…Jeans or riding pants.
…Long and short sleeved shirts
…Jacket and fleece or sweatshirt for layering. A heavier jacket is recommended for June and September dates.
…Hats and caps are helpful for keeping the sun out of your eyes and off your face. Cowboy hats need a stampede string (for sale here if you wish).
…Casual clothes for non-riding time.
…Optional gear that can be helpful includes gloves, helmet, rain gear (slickers are available for use for the week), chaps, sunscreen, swimsuit for the Hot Springs and fishing equipment
It is easiest to fly into Bozeman, but Billings is also an option. Rental cars are available from both airports, and the drive from each is very different, giving you different perspectives on Montana. The closest and most spectacular drive is from Bozeman through the gorgeous Bridger Canyon.
The drive from Bozeman is about 100 miles and takes close to 2 hours; from Billings, about 140 miles and 2.5 hours. See our Map & Directions
We also offer Airport Pick Up from Bozeman for $200 and Billings for $250 round trip up to three people.
Meals are home cooked and there’s plenty of it! Three squares a day – breakfast, lunch and dinner. From big country breakfasts to sizzling steaks off the grill, to fresh baked desserts; you definitely won’t go hungry at Bonanza Creek. If you require a special diet, just let us know ahead of time.
BYOB (Bring your own booze) is our policy for beer, wine and alcoholic beverages. Each evening before dinner, come and join us on our “deck with a million dollar view” for a social hour at the Lodge. Light appetizers are provided. A good time to rehash those great moments of the day and perhaps enhance them a little!
In addition to any alcoholic beverages, some guests like to bring in their own special snacks and beverages. Each cabin is outfitted with a refrigerator for your use for the week.
When the guest ranch was built in 1993, the amazing power of the sun was chosen for generation of power through a solar system. We have found that, with some patience, the use of solar energy works well for us.
Think green and come prepared to save energy. There is power 24 hours a day, but we unfortunately cannot accommodate sleep machines. A back up generator is available for mornings and cloudy days. Water is heated with natural gas, so there’s plenty of hot water for a soothing hot shower after a long day in the saddle.
- Cabin Amenities: There is a refrigerator, coffee pot, coffee and tea in each cabin, and daily maid service.
- Bonanza Creek Shop: Bonanza Creek clothing, hats, caps and gloves as well as western gift items are available at our little trading post in the Lodge.
- Guest Laundry: Is available at the Lodge at no extra charge and is open from 7am to 7pm. Please try to do your wash on a sunny day.
- Connectivity: There is no cell phone coverage and no television at the ranch. Wifi is only at the lodge and is limited. Texting and video telephony works on most mobile phones. There is a land line at the lodge if you need it and phone cards available at our little shop. Come and enjoy good food and company and respect our phone free meal times.
- Smoking: Is not allowed in the Lodge or while out riding.
- Cancellation Policy: If cancellation must occur, 50% of the deposit will be refunded prior to April 1st if that time can be re-booked. However, if you are booked in the Indian Cabin, we require 2 people, and in the Cowboy and Pioneer Cabins, we require 3 people to be booked.
- After April 1st, deposits are non-refundable, and any cancellation will be charged full amount if that time cannot be re-booked. We will do our best to re-book it, but not always possible. We also recommend trip insurance to cover this cost.
Select activities are operated under a special use permit with the Lewis and Clark National Forest. This Institution is an equal opportunity provider.